Sunday, July 25, 2010

Party Time!

Amie's third birthday. My first experience at party food for kids. Not counting her first birthday which was more for the adults and her second birthday which was well, non existant due to various reasons.

This year she was really into it and wanted a proper party. Decided on a My Little Pony cake which caused a huge gulp from me as working with fondant is not one of my strong points. I decided to carry on with the Pony theme and started by enlisting the help of moo's dad to make the invitation.

So people invited, guess the next step was the cake. Armed with a picture of what I wanted I drew up a plan, ended up just winging it on the day. Just to make it more complicated I decided to make a rainbow cake after seeing it on another blog. Messy but fun!
I threw my plan out the window and just ended up making a pink fondant cover for the cake with teeny tiny pink, purple and white fondant hearts scattered all over it. A My Little Pony glued on with candy melts and 3 mid sized fondant cut out hearts stuck into the cake with florist wire. Done!














No comments:

Post a Comment